Happy 14th July to all the French readers!

In celebration, I'm posting my most favorite Edith Piaf Song

Edith Piaf. Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien

Non, Rien de rien                                           
No, nothing of nothing
Non, Je ne regrette rien
No, I regret nothing

Ni le bien qu'on m'a fait
Not the good things that have been done to me
Ni le mal tout ça m'est bien égal
Nor the bad things, it's all the same to me
Non, Rien de rien
No, nothing of nothing
Non, Je ne regrette rien
No, I regret nothing


C'est payé, balayé, oublié
It's paid for, swept away, forgotten
Je me fous du passé
I don't care about the past


Avec mes souvenirs
With my memories
J'ai allumé le feu
I lit the fire


Mes chagrins, mes plaisirs
My troubles, my pleasures
Je n'ai plus besoin d'eux
I don't need them anymore


Balayés les amours
Swept away my past loves
Avec leurs trémolos
With their tremors


Balayés pour toujours
Swept away for always
Je repars à zéro
I start again from zero


Car ma vie, car mes joies
(Because my life, my joys)
Aujourd'hui, ça commence avec toi

Today, it begins with you

Comments